14 Dec 2016

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE



Neighbourwatch on the beach



more participants here

*******


1. Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Elaborate.

I prefer people by far and certainly not tasks, or maybe people related tasks !

2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day...do you own/wear pearls? If you're a man answering the question, does your sweetheart own or wear pearls? Everyone share a 'pearl of wisdom' with us here today.

Yes I have two pearl necklaces. One I inherited from my mother. I don't remember when I wore them last time ! 

3. Speaking of pearls...oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little?

I loved oysters, raw of course nobody cooks them here, with a bit of lemon juice in its shell. I  used to eat 12 on Christmas and 12 on New Year, until the day I had a bad one and got so sick that I can't see oysters anymore !

4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let's take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016?

If Trump had been chosen I would choose Lady Gaga !

5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it's a vibrant green aptly named-greenery. Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade for the new year? Click here to see the color.

Vibrant ?? I find it dull and cold ! Green is a cold color in painting, I don't like green at all except in nature, there I love green.

6. Today I've had too much__brain raking !

7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.

Rockin around the Christmas tree
At the Christmas party hop
Mistletoe hung where you can see
Everybody tries to stop

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Christmas becomes more and more commercial, under the Christmas trees you find envelopes with money, or you get a link to buy on Internet.  Nobody wants a surprise gift anymore. I noticed that everybody is complaining but there is no choice. Lots of people do it. It's so easy, you don't have to run around and look for a nice gift you just pull out your wallet and pay. On the other hand you don't get gifts you don't like or which don't fit.  I always remember a toaster I got from my mother, which I had asked for Christmas for my red kitchen. She choose a green toaster with pink roses ! Unforgettable ! Wouldn't have happened with an envelope ! 







5 comments:

  1. Your answers always make me smile. I can just imagine your reaction to the toaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun shot - that's great!
    Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/12/dominus-flevit.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo certainly made me smile, such a fun photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wear your Pearls Day? Never heard of of it but I do have a pearl ring I will wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not too bothered about Christmas gifts. The only ones I get are from myself and I know what I want. Well, I hope I do anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !