9 Nov 2015

WEEKEND REVIEW - November 7

On Saturday there was a pastel exhibition in an old chapel dating from the 13th century.



The exponents were a painting group where Nicole had pastel lessons a few years ago. So she met a lot of people she knew. It was the first time in my life that I saw an exhibition in a chapel ! It looked at bit strange to see all the paintings amongst the Saints ! I found the idea very original.



Art critic Charlie had to wait outside and wasn't very happy about it. When I had finished, I went out to keep him company, while Nicole chatted with her old classmates.

While we were at the exhibition I got and sms from my optician informing me that my new glasses were ready.



So on the way back I picked them up and now I see like an eagle ! I hope my view won't change in a near future because for the price of the glasses you can do a cruise !

The summer weather continued on Sunday where it even reached 20° ! Apparently that had never happened since 1901 !

There was an artisanal market in "La Bois des Reves" (The dream forest)



The forest earns its name ! We walked around a little before we visited the market.




It was huge ! I will write about this tomorrow.



On our way back we discovered a shop in the Mont St. Jean Farm, which only sells Belgian or Waterloo products. They had the new famous Waterloo beer which had been created for the bicentenary of the battle.



Then we had a drink in the Mont St. Jean Farm. Quite a lot of people had the same idea. Before it got completely dark we finally returned home, satisfied to have spent such a nice afternoon.



5 comments:

  1. Now I can see Arthur much clearer through your new glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gattina - the St Martin Chapel looks a wonderful place to hold a Pastel display ... while your market looks fun .. and now the glasses - through which you can see the world more clearly and we can you! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend you had. It certainly beat my driving in the rain all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An artisan market in a dream forest sounds like a wonderful way to spend a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The building is art in of itself. Is the dog or cat the art critic?

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !