24 Nov 2015

FIRST FROST

Today when I opened the shutters the world looked white ! There was frost on the hedges, the plants the streets and much to Mr. G's annoyance also on his car !



It took him 20 min to get rid of the white stuff




Our green grass had turned to white grass







and the hedges were white too.



Our whole garden looked so cold that after aqua gym I didn't put my nose outside despite a wonderful sunshine. But when the temperatures drop so drastically by 10°C it needs a little time to get adjusted.

While in Brussels center and two municipalities, there are more policemen and soldiers walking around than normal people, nothing has changed here. The schools are open and the kids angry because in Brussels they are closed !



more participants here

8 comments:

  1. As a Former teacher, Bill laughed at your last sentence. He would not want to be teaching in Waterloo wth all those kids cranky because they don't get time off. ( oh to be as innocent as those kids and think the world revolves around yourself! ) . I hope they figure things out soon and solve all this. ( whoever "they are).

    It turned winter overnight here too ... But not that cold. Autumn is never long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gattina - I went to London yesterday and it was much colder up there than I anticipated ... I forgot how the wind whips around the corners; by the time I got back it had warmed up down here ... now we have rain! Our frost wasn't that bad in Eastbourne .. but I'm sure further out it was horrid! Poor Mr G .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last sentence made me laugh. I would not like to be in the teacher's shoes !I always wonder how you all cope with the cold. And now other troubles too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that snow and frost can be a real pain in the a**............still I love it white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It might look picturesque but I don't like the cold. Winter has definitely arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeap, I notices frost yesterday and said to myself - have to try some photos. I had to smile at your comment about children in Waterloo, having school and having grudge against Brussels' kids who don't. I didn't even adventure myself into the city center to see that sad emptiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks pretty with all the frost. It was warmish today but I am feeling it start to get a bit nippy tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks pretty but oh my is it cold!
    We have thick frost everywhere this morning.
    Have a wonderful Thursday...

    Noodle and crew

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !