7 May 2014

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY & HOULGATE DAY 2





Wordless Wednesday

******



Yesterday evening when we returned from the restaurant, we had this beautiful view on the city, it looked almost like a Christmas decoration.

When I am writing my posts, Charlie is my supporter ! He comes everywhere with us and above in the picture, he was a little fed up of shopping.

Unfortunately it rained the whole day, but nevertheless we went out to explore Houlgate. It is a very pretty old little town.




We visited the very old market hall which dates from 1030 if I am not wrong, at least that was written on the different explanations which mentioned the battle of Hastings (UK) . I never thought that wood would last that long ! It was very impressive and huge.



Then we went to the "Old Church" which would have been very interesting to visit, but it was so damaged and neglected, the windows broken, the statues had lost their noses, it was a real pity to see. It was not allowed to see the church from inside, it was too dangerous.




Everywhere in the town center were half timbered houses, very picturesque !

In the evening it still rained a little but we wanted to go out and went to a very cute restaurant specialized in crêpe ! I had one with cheese and an egg, and Nicole's was filled with vegetables. They were very good. Hopefully the rain will stop for tomorrow !

6 comments:

  1. Good amount of sight seeing. :)
    Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie how could you be so bored with so much interesting history around? I hope the church gets fixed and isn't allowed to fall down.
    Hope the rain stops so you can find a park for Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite the rain you still managed to take some good photos of the surroundings. A crepe restaurant. I am so envious, my mouth is watering as I think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite the rain you still managed to take some good photos of the surroundings. A crepe restaurant. I am so envious, my mouth is watering as I think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that doggy face is so cute. Houlgate looks like an interesting town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad Charlie looks after you to stop you getting into trouble!

    I love the half timbered building in Houlgate. It looks like a town just full of history.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !