22 Nov 2013
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. On Monday morning we left Amsterdam earlier as foreseen, we would have preferred to stay a little longer with Toby and then take him to his Kindergarten, but for some reason his mother thought it would be better not to interrupt the daily routine.
While Toby played peacefully, he suddenly got the famous tantrum when his father wanted to pick him up and get dressed. Apparently he would have liked to stay a little longer home with us. Finally dressed and not happy at all we drove him and his Dad to the Kindergarten. It looked really very nice, and memories came up when I took my little boy in the mornings to a very similar looking place.
Our 250 km long drive back went smooth and I was very satisfied with the petrol consumption of my new hybrid car. When you get stuck and have to drive slowly, it switches on electricity mode.
2. I had my annual check up with mammography and ultrasound scan and was happy to hear that both were OK. Then I had a scanner for my bones. The doctor first measured my height and I had to laugh because apparently I had grown 1 cm in 3 years, when I had the last check. Normally people shrink with the age, and I grow ! There must have been something wrong. The doctor congratulated me apparently I have bones like a young girl. All in all very good news.
3. Winter moves slowly in and finally the trees did their annual striptease. Unfortunately I couldn't take any pictures of the autumn colors as it was rainy all the time.
4. I went to aqua gym on wednesday instead of monday and it was a beautiful sunny morning. I called Nicole to suggest her to walk Charlie her dog in the afternoon. When I arrived at her home, it had started to rain again and there was an awfully cold wind. So we stayed inside, and I helped her with her computer, she had been without internet for more then a month and it needed a little update.
Charly waited for cookies when we had our tea.
5. We had a lot of fun this morning during our painting class. Our teacher showed what you can do with watercolors. I only watched because I knew already. They wet a paper and threw the colors on it, the results were beautiful to very comical. Then the classmate who is responsible for the coffee, put the bag with two thermos not on the table but just besides because she was talking. Coffee split all over her and her shoes, we helped her cleaning off the mess.
And as this wasn't enough the little dog who is always with us made a rather big poo under her table. It really wasn't her day.
But besides that we painted too !
For the first time this year it had snowed during the night, just a bit ! By the time the daylight showed up and I wanted to take a picture, it was already gone.