20 Sep 2013
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. For me coming back from a nice holiday, needs some days of adjustment. Therefore I spent the whole morning in company of around 800 pictures to be sort out, I also was late in comments, catching up on my friend's blogs, and was deeply sunken in holiday memories. Fortunately there was nothing to do in the household and my laundry could wait. But I didn't forget my Monday's aqua gym and it was nice to see my whole group again after two months of school holidays ! For me school holidays are a plague, every activity is closed, apparently we are still considered as students, although we are on holidays the whole year !
2. During our journey down to the Lake of Geneva, I drove Dominique's new car, a Toyota Yaris Hybride. It was as comfortable as mine, but had the advantage to consume not even half of petrol (gaz) as a "normal" car. Under 50 to 60 km/h (37 miles) it only consumes electricity which costs nothing and only on the highways it switched to petrol mode loading the electricity battery at the same time. As petrol is very expensive in Europe we did a real bargain with this car ! Decision taken, I want one !
3. After some shopping I went to Toyota and asked for an estimate price for the same car. With that I came home and surprised Mr. G. His car is meanwhile 10 years old and starts to need more and more repairs, as all older person do. As I had done all the job, Mr. G. was delighted agreed immediately so I took an appointment with Toyota.
and that's how it looks. Mr. G. inherits my Opel Corsa which is only 4 years old, as I drive more then him.
I also mowed the lawn, the dishwasher did its job while blogging,thanks to Oscar the lawn mower robot. Happy modern life !
4. We asked Dominique to come over to compare the price of what she had payed and we had been offered, discussed insurance and taxes and above all the consumption of petrol. For around 2000 km (1243 miles) we only payed half of the petrol price of a "normal" car, thanks to the electric system.
5. My painting class had started too, and there was a lot to tell ! But the highlight of the day was at 3 pm when we had an appointment with the Toyota salesman and it's done !! I am now the proud owner of a new car at beginning of October ! I am so happy that I could jump to the ceiling, but I am afraid I would make a hole and then need somebody to repair it !