22 Aug 2013
LAWS - RATHER FUNNY
more participants at Jenny Matlock's Alphabet Thursday
I am very sorry, but apparently I should revise my alphabet ! After "M" I thought it was "L", don't ask me why ! Must have been like with a car, instead of starting the car I put the reverse gear !
A few time ago the Belgian Minister of Justice had a very good idea (for once). He asked the population to point out outdated laws rather then asking his employees to go through the law books. For this purpose he had had created a special website where everybody could write what they had found.
It had a huge success and here are a few :
- It is forbidden to call a pig Napoleon (but Emperor Napoleon is dead since more 200 years !)
- Everyone must have a haystack at home if the king would go by with his horse. (Our King drives a car or is driven, therefore everybody should have some petrol at home)
- A woman is not allowed to wear trousers only if she is holding a bicycle or a horse
- It is illegal to drink if you have a cow (???)
- It is forbidden to die in Parliament, under penalty of arrest.
- Members are not allowed to put on armor in the Parliament (what a pity, some would look very sexy !)
- A woman is not allowed to eat chocolate in public transport !
- It is considered an act of treason placing a stamp with the King's head down ! (Maybe he gets dizzy ?)
- No cow is allowed on the roads between 10:00 am and 7 pm hours unless prior approval of the Police.
- It is forbidden to flush after 22h
- When you drive a car, you need to have someone in front of your car with a flag to warn carriages with horses.
- It is forbidden to kiss on rails