30 Jul 2013

EASTBOURNE SEAFRONT




Today I went for the first time since last year to Eastbourne's sea front. The weather had cleared up and the sun came out.





The seafront was as beautiful as each year, with a new colorful  flower pattern .
I love the old buildings along the sea, if the cars would be replaced by coaches I could think I am in another century.



A view on the entrance of the pier



and the beautiful pier from one side



and the other



There were lots of people walking and sitting along the seafront.



And as each year I met my friends the seagulls still so naughty as usual. I was sitting on the terrace of a little café just in front of the sea, eating a sandwich when felt a punch on my head ! I thought it was somebody's elbow but no, it was a seagull who had taken my head as a landing strip ! The shock was quiet hard and I was very surprised, but I clinged to my sandwich ! Poor seagull had to dive on another person.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Gattina .. you have some good shots of the seafront .. the plants have 'shot' up a few days ago they were still just so small with no flowers in sight ..

    Glad you had a happy day .. see you tomorrow! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post of these magnificent architecture, the images are so inspired and colorful and you're right, it came to my mind the film Somewhere in Time! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good that you managed to keep tight to your sandwich! Love the image of the pier and people strolling along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like lovely weather over there. It's quite wet over here, although the temperatures are still nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful skies and flowers!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gattina 1. Seagull 0. English piers are great, but Eastbourne's look to be extra good. I wonder how much it is to stay at the Claremont.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful place! Especially the pier. I looked at your paintings too. Very nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures. I was staying just down the road from there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My great-grandson is afraid of big birds because one "taked my french fry" as he says. (You'd think it was his last bit of food and of course it wasn't but he took it quite personally!)

    What a beautiful spot that is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, by the sea, by the beautiful sea...another reason I want to visit England again. I missed so many lovely places when traveling with my family.
    Your photos are gorgeous, Gattina.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots but the seagull story was funny.
    They are such daring birds and work in packs. One does the work and the other the eating. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got some beautiful shots there Gattina!Good thing you managed to hang on to your sandwich - I once saw a seagull fly off with somebody's sandwich!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !