5 Apr 2013
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. On Monday I was extremely busy ! Although it was Easter Monday I and should have rested !
Instead I pushed the button of the washing machine and did the laundry, put Oscar the lawn mower Robot in the middle of the grass, pushed again on a button and then collapsed overworked on the sofa and assisted to a little murder in my crime story on TV ! Arthur did the supervisor on Oscar's work and when the lawn was mowed, I took it in and connected it to the charger. Working so hard would have been very much appreciated by my Grandma who loved all new inventions ! That must be in the genes.
2. Mr. G this time went with me to Ilona's to clean and update her computer. While he was busy
we were sitting in her gazebo and had a cup of tea. She has arranged it so well and cozy ! The sun was shining and it was quiet warm in there, and I had the impression to sit outside on the terrace. Mr. G joined in from time to time and admired all the little cat sculptures she has in her garden.
3. Now that I am feeling my old self again, I suddenly needed new feathers for spring ! It's still very cold only 4°C (39 F) but this didn't stop me !
I bought a cute little mouse for my travel notebook and was so surprised that the mice became so cheap ! I only payed 4 € (5 $) ! And I found trousers just as they were in fashion when I was 30, (old fashion comes back) and a black T-shirt. The good thing is I don't even look ridiculous ! Mr. G. loved the trousers !
4. Having informed Ilona about my shopping results, she called me and asked me to go back with her ! She bought red jeans and a red striped T-shirt, and we thought that now we are well equipped for our round trip through the UK. After that I took her to the whole sale store, she had never been there and she was so surprised about the prices there. As always the store was full !
5. Our fridge was empty and I had to go shopping for some food ! On the way back I stopped at Nicole's and met a friend there I hadn't seen for 18 years ! We had lost contact, she is the wife of one of Mr. G.'s colleagues and also German. Of course we had a lot to chat and automatically spoke German together so several times Nicole had to interrupt us and ask to speak French ! We had some self baked chocolate cake together and coffee and of course the two dogs, Charlie and Daisy wanted some cake too !
Daisy is only a little bigger than Charlie's head, but they are the best buddies !
We two women with some diplomatic talent also managed that our men called each other, and now they will meet again tomorrow after such a long time !