15 Feb 2013
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. The week started with snow again and I was quiet upset I thought this snowing would be over by now. But no, it snowed the whole day. Offended I spent the day inside sorting out pictures making new folders and had a guy on the phone who wanted to sell me a new leather sofa set ! I hadn't checked the number ! I told him that I am only the maid and that my employes were not there.
2. Fortunately we had aqua gym, but the street was so slippery, that it was quiet dangerous to drive no salt had been put there. After our tea together I went home.
3. To comfort myself I bought two polar cardigans one red and one dark blue. That always comes on purpose because they are nice and warm and ideal to wear when it is so cold.
4. Then the weatherman announced sunshine and nice weather without snow. As Nicole was in Ostende at the Belgian coast, Ilona and I took the train and went there to spent the day with her. We bought some Greek salad and little roasted potatoes and had lunch at Nicole's flat enjoying the beautiful view over the sea.
After lunch we made a long walk along the seafront. There was still some snow on the beach, and Charlie, the Golden Retriever enjoyed to run around and jump in the snow.
But when we returned and didn't go back to the apartment, he sat down and there was no way to get him move. Nicole pulled and we tried to convince him, but nothing to do, and then, Nicole remembered. He is used to go on the terrace of a little bar where a bowl filled with water is offered to the dogs. We told him that he could get his drink, and he got up, went straight away to the bowl and drank all the water, while we laughed and waited ! The white arrow shows where Nicole has her apartment. Then we went home and had tea and muffins, enjoyed the view and did our job as chatterboxes. At 6 pm we took the train back home, which was full, but at least we found two seats. The trip lasts 1 1/2 h and by 8 pm I was back home.
5. The next day the trains going to the seaside were delayed by frozen railway switches and the trams along the seaside were not running in the morning because of ice ! We were really lucky. I didn't even do my shopping it was stormy, very windy and cold. I collected the rests of a bird which my cat Arthur had brought and eaten inside on the oriental rug (he is a posh cat) and although I told him that he is a killer and murderer, he wasn't bothered about that at all, leaked his whiskers and rolled up into a "little" snail.