14 Dec 2012
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. I came back from my 12 days holidays in Egypt at the Red Sea and felt like returning to the Northpole !
From 28°C in the shade, I found myself suddenly confronted with - 3°C ! I had put on my T-shirt a thick cardigan and a windbreaker, I also wore socks for the first time again, but still althought the airport was heated and our car too, the cold hit me like a hammer !
With one foot still on holidays I throw the whole content of my suitcase in the laundry, supervised by Arthur, and then spend the whole day by sorting out my pictures, I was in a melancholic mood, and just avoided to look outside.
2. I managed to pull myself together and go at least to my Yoga classes, Dominique who had been with me in Egypt felt the same way, and while getting out of the car we did a shiver competition ! After the Yoga we felt a little better and did some food shopping in our favourite "Deepfreeze" shop.
3. I had to bring papers to the health insurance and took the opportunity to find some Christmas gifts, and fortunately I found what I wanted ! Now I have almost everything.
4. While I was away the city had decorated streets and put up trees and it looked really very christmassy everywhere.
One of the trees just on my way home
I had got an invitation from my friend (ex blog friend) Claudie to spent New Year's Eve with her in the South of France and as Mr. G. pushed me to accept, because he prefers to sleep into the New Year I booked my flight and said "Youpee" !
5. When I arrived in my painting class, I noticed that the whole retirement home was decorated ! Little Christmas trees were on all little tables where people sit and have coffee and play cards or scrabble or whatever.
It is not a private home but subsidized by the city and I think it is really a very good place for poor or less poor people who can't live alone anymore. Of course my class mates all asked me if I had noticed something of the troubles going on in Egypt, but where I was it has been like always, the troubles are apparently only in Cairo.
The rest of my time I spent with with making Christmas headers for my blogs and Christmas cards, I love to be creative and had a lot of pleasure by doing this. It comforted me and let me forget the cold weather and eventual worries !