24 Aug 2012
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants here
1. I went swimming again, and had a "fight" with a bald human elephant in his late 50th, the line which is reserved for acqua gym and people who swim peacefully up and down the line, he used as a training line for the Olympics and splashed and kicked everybody. When he kicked me hard for the second time in my arm, after having told him politely to please pay attention to the others and I got the second kick, I told him that if he wanted to play a human walrus and splash around and kick people he should go into the line where swimmers do their training. He gave me a killer look, but went out ! That way I could swim again peacefully in my grandma style.
2. Ilona and I hadn't seen each other since our French friends left so I drove over to her and we chatted in her garden about family and friends and nice and bad guests, and a lot more, it took us the whole afternoon !
3. My cleaning lady is finally back from Poland and brought me this cute mug, she was happy to be back again, at home she has even more to do. Her friend who had replaced her had put the whole household upside down, when the first time I told her what to do, she made it clear, she did it her way. Mr. G. wasn't very happy about that and escaped for the whole morning. I only checked when she had finished and the result was perfect. So I didn't care, after all it's the result which counts.
4. Mr. G's friend seeing a 4 year old picture of me told me that my glasses were nicer at that time, and indeed when I looked in the mirror, mine had become used up and suddenly looked awful.
the old and the new
as I was in shopping mood, I went for a new frame, fortunately my glasses hadn't changed because they are very expensive, in 5 min I had found a model which fitted with my glasses, and one hour later they were sitting on my nose !
Maybe there is not a big difference, but at least I feel better !
4. My son announced his visit for this weekend with grandson Toby. Mum has a bad cold and needs some rest.
and as the weather will be not too bad I thought that the poor child has nothing to play with outside ! In my shopping mood, I bought this little tractor, but before I asked a young mother if her 3 year old boy could try it out for me (he was quiet short and Toby with his nearly 2 years is tall) First he didn't want but then he climbed on it and it was a drama because he didn't want to get off the thing ! So I thought it must be the right size and thing. I also bought a ball so that Nonno (grandpa) can exercise his old bones a bit.
5. Now that I have rediscovered the Waterloo swimming pool, I go there almost every day. I feel good after that, so good that after lunch while I was watching my little German crime story series, I realized that I had fallen asleep, and the case was broken ! I couldn't even do rewind, because I knew the murderer ! It just was time to go to Ilona's mother who also lives in Waterloo, she is a "young" lady of 88 and the 3 of us had coffee together and a lot of laughter ! She is a very witty lady, imagine two years ago she went on a roundtrip through Jordan, Egypt and Israel !! I decided to take her as an example !