8 Jun 2012
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. It still rained and I couldn't mow the lawn or take off the ivy who is invading our garden. I was so fed up with flower planting and also to put more bark in the front yard, that finally I asked our nice little gardener to do everything for me which he did it took him two hours and I was happy to sit behind my computer and write emails. Garden work is definitively nothing for me. I have no green thumb !
2. I still need some more flower plants since the ivy is gone and went to buy some, but they all looked so measly and also were far too expensive that I drove home in this weather !
That's how the weather is on a 5th of June !
In the evening Vivi (73), my neighbor called she was in a terrible state, she had gone over to her 93 old boyfriend to have supper with him as they do since 5 years, only this time she found him dead. In the morning he had done the shopping by car, in the evening he wanted to repair a vaccuum cleaner and was looking for tools in the basement, he had opened the door and got an apoplectic stroke and was already dead when he fell down the stairs. That's what the doctor stated later. As he has no relatives anymore besides a daughter who lives in Canada, the police came and poor Vivi wasn't even allowed to take anything private with her, as officially they have no legal relationship. I liked Jack very much he was such a joyful and charming man. In one way I am happy for him that he died this way, without being sick or suffering, but for those he leaves behind it is very sad. (Their love story : Love at 70)
3. We had a machine to vacuum dead leaves, which we had never used. I went to a shop a kind of Ebay only life and not on Internet and sold it. So now with money I will buy a little fence we need to keep the earth from the tiles.
4. I went crossed the street and visited Vivi, who looked like a shadow of herself. She was sitting on the sofa with a picture of John on the table. We talked about old times and what we had done together and I managed to make her laugh. She then pointed on a beautiful huge rose bouquet and told me that he has offered it to her just the day before he died. She wanted to dry a rose and keep it as memory. Suddenly I had an idea, I have some varnish in Spray for Acrylic paintings and thought if it varnishs paintings it also can varnish a rose. I cut off a rose, sprayed the varnish all over and then we let it dry. It seems that it works and on top it looks beautiful and even more red.
5. After the bad news I got some very good news. While I was with my friend Ilona on the phone her daughter called her on her mobile phone to tell her that she had just become great grandma !!! We have the same age and I just became a grandma. Now her mother great great grandma is very happy because there are 4 generations of girls ! That's rather seldom today.