6 Apr 2012
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. Since November I hadn't mowed the lawn and if we didn't have our entrance on the street's side we would have the same difficulties like in the cartoon below. The grass was so high that I had to do it in two times to take a little pause in between. Our lawn has just a handkerchief size and usually it takes me not even 20 min but this time it took me an hour and I was exhausted !
Now I am dreaming of a lawn mower robot, so I could sit in the sunshine and watch it working !
2. I was looking for a little Easter gift for grandson Toby, and as he is not old enough yet to look for Easter eggs and chocolate, I thought this littly tricycle would be of more use especially when the weather is nice.
Our son had exactly the same in the 70th, some toys are so useful that they are still modern. Apparently I wasn't the only person who was looking for such a bike, because in 3 toy shops they were sold out. Now we will see how it works for him on Easter.
3. I did some Easter decoration shopping, and also had to buy cat food, as we are away to celebrate Easter in Amsterdam and my neighbor will take good care of our cats as she did in the last 37 years !!
4. Dominique and I took the train and went to Ostende visiting our friend Nicole who has a holiday flat there. Despite the fact that the weatherman had forseen rain, the weather was nice and sunny and we could walk along the beach sit on a bank on seafront and take some sunshine
We also visited the grave of the Belgian painter James Ensor
Along the seafront there are always nice little shops and I couldn't resist to buy these two scarfs, immediately inspected by Rosie. Our way back was a nightmare we left at 6.45 pm, had no correspondence to Waterloo, had to take a train which took us to a nearby city and from there a train back to Waterloo. We were at home at 9 pm ! More than 2 h for 150 km ! I am quicker in London !
5. Mr. G. has his birthday after Easter, but we wanted to celebrate together with our son and family so I asked him what he wanted, and as usual he didn't want anything. Finally he said he could use a new electric shaver. I talked with my son and we agreed to buy him a new one, but that I should do it because of the guarantee. So I went, bought the thing and when I came back, I found a happy Mr. G. who told me that he had also bought the razor ! Now we have two !! and on top of it the razors are the same ! Men !! The result is I have to bring back the one I bought. He has only one face to shave !