7 Mar 2012

AIX EN PROVENCE AND SANARY CARNIVAL

The school holidays were over so we drove Claudie's daughter to Aix-en-Provence to her little student flat. After we had left her we wanted to visit the town, but there was such a strong and cold Mistral wind which only exists in the South, that it was impossible to enjoy a walk. We were almost blown away. Although the temperature was around 15°C you got the impression that you were at the North Pole !



So we had a quick walk along the main street with all it's shops, cafés and restaurants so at least I had an overview of the city which must be very beautiful once the trees are blooming and it's a little warmer. We had a delicious pancake with chicken and goat cheese in a little Snack before we took the highway back to Sanary to have a coffee at the seafront. I love this little town with its habour and all the sailing boats.



And we were lucky we dropped in the middle of a carnival festivity with kids and adults in various funny costumes and the mascot of the carnival procession asked me to pose with him for a picture. The mistral was blowing a little less at the seaside, but still, so we didn't stay long and returned home. With the fire burning in the stove it was warm and cosy and we blogged and chatted the whole afternoon while the mistral was howling around the house !

When you read this I am probably sitting in the plane, returning home to Waterloo, with a heavy heart !

10 comments:

  1. I hope you had a lovely holiday!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate Mistral. I can imagine it was cold!
    Welcome home. It seems like only yesterday when you were on your way up there, and your holiday is over already! Much too short eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful week you have had. Arthur, Rosie, Pookie and Kim will be so pleased to have you back in your own bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the collages, your pictures are great!So nice that you enjoy Carnival parade with your friend!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  5. We get the Mistral too and i love it. It leaves everything feeling so nice and fresh not like the yucky scirocco. I am glad yo had such a wonderful holiday,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful holiday altogether -- I've enjoyed all the posts. The mistral was timed rather well as it gave you a good excuse to sit and chat before you left!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've enjoyed this trip with you and Claudie. Hope your holiday lasts for many months in your mind. Your kitties will be so pleased to have you home. Safe journey. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a nice collage !!
    I am sure going home is difficult Its so nice to change scenery once in a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you spell F-U-N ?
    Looked like a wonderful time.
    Hope you made it home safely.
    Miss hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love carnivals. Such a pity you had the mistral blowing you away. I hate when it's blowing.....

    Nevertheless, I envy you the stay... looks soooo great everything. We went to Aix-en-Provence by ourselves one of the days after we left Claudie et Pierre actually.

    I liked it, but I don't think I disliked ANYTHING when we were in France actually! So many interesting places and people!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !