27 Feb 2012

WHAT DID YOU DO THIS WEEKEND ?



Helps you to remember what you have done on the weekend of February 25, 2012.


I went "cat" shopping on Saturday and bought a stock of cat food, because I am leaving on Thursday to the South of France to spend a week with my friend Claudie as I had done last year too. Mr. G. prentends he doesn't know what to buy exactly so of course I have to do it.



I was heartily greeted by this parrot who welcomed me with a loud "Bonjour" and then he told me everything in human language he knew. I really had to laugh it was so funny.



There also were to ladies who collected food for very mishandled and abused racing dogs which could have been saved from their cruel owners. I couldn't look at the pictures it made me sick. I bought a big bag of dog food and chatted a bit with the two ladies.

Then I visited a friend from my painting class in hospital, she has lung and spinal cancer and has to stay for a week to prepare her for the treatment. She is a real fighter ! She told me that she doesn't want to see the roots of the flowers yet and that she has not finished to devil people !



The entrance to the hospital from the parking is "very" welcoming ! You just arrive in front of the morgue ! Fortunately nobody had died when I arrived. But the main entrance is very cheerful. It is a nice and modern hospital with a very friendly staff.

Dominique had invited me for a cup of tea to see her grandchildren, unfortunately the pictures are blurred, only one was good enough, showing little Lucy who is 4 days older than my grandson Toby (15 month).



Compared to him she is very little, but walks around alone everywhere, tries to climb up the stairs and moved a kitchen shelf on wheels suddenly to the living room in the short time I was there.

On Sunday I went to the neighbor town Nivelles because they celebrated a big Carnival. I thought it would be a good opportunity to take some pictures for "Our World" tomorrow. I took the train because that day it is hard to find a parking space.

I arrived at 2 pm when the carnival procession started at the station.



Here are some pictures. (tomorrow I will publish a post for Our World with photos) It was very colorful and lots of carnival crazy people. After witches took of my cap with their brooms twice and I almost got an orange in my glasses, because instead of throwing sweets, they throw oranges, I had enough and called my friend Chantal who lives in Nivelles to pick me up to spent the rest of the afternoon with her outside of all this hurly burly, while her two sons with friends and girlfriends just got ready to celebrate until early morning hours.

9 comments:

  1. Dear Gattina,
    I see you had a busy weekend! :)
    The little Lucy is so cute and I also love the collage about the Carnival in images.Very interesting!Carnival in Europe is a little bit different from the Carnival in Brazil, I mean about the music, but it's also cool to see the parade (Carnival procession )!Well...in fact,I'm not a big fan of Carnival! LOL
    About your comment in Luna's blog, I agree with you, the little cat carriage is so cute but also expensive!!!!
    I imagine how busy you are today, preparing all stuffs for your trip. I wish you a lovely time with your friend in France and please, don't forget your camera okay!
    hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the collage of your Carnival, what a fun celebration. It is very sad about the greyhound racing dogs. We have a rescue group here that helps to find adoption homes for them. I have you have a wonderful trip, it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How disgusting is it when people mishandle animals. I always think that people who do this are also bad to their family and friends.
    Your carnival celebration is happy and colourful! Thanks for sharing.
    So your son felt attracted to Australia too, like my daughter who married there and has lived there since 1994. She is a real Aussi now.
    I wish you a very happy holiday in France!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like carnivals - too much noise and bother. On the other hand, I love parrots. My great grandma had one and he used to shout is head off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby is the same. He says, "I don't know what to feed the dogs or how much." Hopeless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to have carnivals to keep people busy having fun.
    Not everything is work.
    The baby is very cute. I love parrots and we also had people selling gray hounds saved from people who wanted to put them down for not winning. What crap.
    Why are they allowed to do this to dogs? You buy a dog to race and then you should find it a home if you don't want it.These are good dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice weekend -- the Carnival Parade sounds a little wild for my taste as well. One time we went to a parade in New Orleans (Louisiana) where they threw whole heads of cabbage off the floats (I think it was for St Patricks' day.) If those landed in your eye you could die! Scary.

    I enjoyed the post below (prove you're not a robot) as well. That new verification is causing a lot of grief, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading about your weekend - I have to do the same thing if I go away for more than a week - stock up on cat food coz like Mr G, hubby doesn't like shopping for cat food.
    And about animal cruelty - I was just reading about rhinos in Africa - how they are ebing hunted to death - just for the sake of their horns! People can be so cruel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In North American their are organizations that try to rescue racing dogs that are no longer good enought to race. Traditionally, they would just be killed when they could no longer race. They can make wonderful pets. Perhaps it is time to outlaw dog racing.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !