17 Feb 2012
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. On Monday morning the temperature had suddenly raised over night and the snow started to melt. The streets were quiet slippery because the earth was deeply frozen.
I couldn't use the parking in front of the Acqua Gym house, if I didn't want to stay there for the rest of the day. It was foggy and humid, so we really enjoyed the warm water of the swimming pool and the hot tea afterwards.
2. After our Yoga class, (Mondays and Tuesdays are my "sport" days) I went with Dominique to our Travel agency and booked our roundtrip through Turkey. It will last 8 days.
We added 4 more days in this beautiful hotel in Sousse which is a very old town of 11th century B.C.
I had spent a couple of hours to find out everything about the hotel, because it's always better to have another opinion or pictures as those in the travel brochure ! Now we have something to dream of until our departure mid June. With early bookings you get a good reduction on the price.
3. Besides shopping and household scores nothing special happened, only that we had buckets of water falling from the sky accompanied by a very strong wind.
it looked rather awful outside !
4. Dear cat Arthur had stolen a whole Chipolata, it could only be him, because the girls don't steal !
and then he sat there digesting. Apparently it hadn't been good for him because the next morning when I got out of my bed I stepped with my bare foot in vomit. What a nice wake up ! I hobbled on one foot to the bathroom to clean it, and then discovered that he had done the same on 3 different places in the living room and of course not on the tiles but on the rugs ! I can't say that this belonged to my favorite fives !
5. We had a new student in our painting class today, who of course became immediately the sweetheart of the whole group ! It was Charly the dog of Nicole, who is allowed to assist us in our lessons.
He made friendship with Shania another dog, who is already member of the group since a long time. They immediately were friends. Nobody was disturbed and at least the dogs had company and didn't have to stay home alone.