8 Jan 2012

WE GOT A ONE EURO CHEQUE !

Mr. G. got his pension cheque covering 6 months i.e. from January til June 2012.



When he saw the amount his eyes almost popped out and he immediately thought of an error. Even though it's a very small amount he gets twice per year, because he hasn't worked a lot in Italy, the Italian government has to pay a pension for the years he worked there.

I had never seen a cheque of ONE € (1.27 $) ! It certainly couldn't be a joke because when it comes to pay governments in the whole world don't have any humor. But still I laughed that much that my belly hurt. And all of our friends did the same ! With this amount you can't even buy a bread !

Mr. G. called and was informed that this amount is normal, as the Italian Government had payed him from 2008 til 2011 a gross pension, because they had forgotten to deduct the taxes. Now some very efficient employee had found the mistake and deducted the amount of these 3 years in one shot ! No wonder that Italy's economy is rather bad if they don't deduct income taxes, and of course it's always the less fortunates who have to pay !




10 comments:

  1. OMW, I wonder if you could buy a small sachet of kibbles for the cats with that fantastic pension. Yep, governments make mistakes which cost MONEY! Love the cat cartoon. Have a great day. Hugs Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Mr G, I hope you will feed him for the next 6 months and buy him some mortadella to share with Arthur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same with Mélissa's allocations for her apartment in Aix!!! They said they gave too much during the school year 2010/2011!!! It's always a bad news!!

    but 1 euro!!!! I imagine you eyes discovering the price of the pension!

    I posted on my blog a report about the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wonder how much I will get from the various countries I have worked in. I just hope it's a bit more than €1 though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be much more expensive to produce and send the cheque than what it is worth... Crazy bureaucracy...
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a wonder the Italian govt could even afford that amount.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot believe that! Poor Mr. G!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Short time ago I receive a check for .27¢ and I was advice to see an account over this.
    If your government is ran anything like our. I can laugh and still have pity. Our is total clueless what a little common sense would do.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just shaking my head to this... insane...

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !