14 Oct 2011
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. I had bought fabric a few weeks ago to cover our chairs of the dining room. Finally on Monday I found the courage to do it. Dominque had cut the fabric into 6 pieces paying attention to the pattern, so it was quiet easy for me to put the seat on the fabric and fix it underneath with thumbtacks.
The old fabric was full of spots and scratches, with the new fabric we have new chairs !
2. My friend asked me to have lunch together yesterday, as today she has to go to the hospital for her breast cancer surgery. She was so stressed that she hardly could eat, I have to say it wasn't as good as last week. They served chicken in sauce in a tomatoe sauce with Tagliatelles which to me is a crime for the pasta, I had expected chips !
3. Mr. G. and I were invited for a four a clock coffee to the mother of a friend, whom I know since almost 40 years, but we hadn't seen her for a very long time. Now she has moved from Bordeau (France) to Waterloo at 88 (!) to be nearer to her daughter and family ! Not only she had left her country where she had lived her whole life but also the house and the furniture, she just had taken along what she needed to move into a very beautiful flat in a new built building. She really is amazing !
Getting old like this is a pleasure !
3. Our yearly painting class exposition is approaching, so I bought a few things for the decoration, as I am in charge for that together with another classmate.
Here is what I bought, of course I still have things from the year before. But this time the Exposition is so close to Halloween that I thought I will introduce this to those who don't know what it is.
4. I also went to the city hall with posters of our exposition, so that they can stick it on the walls
I admired this cute little car which is used by the city employes as an example for the environment, it doesn't run with petrol but it is electric. You have to charge the battery like for a mobile phone. I think it's the ideal car for driving in the city for shopping ! No problem with the
parking space and increasing petrol prices !
5. As summer seems to be definitively over I sorted out some clothing and had a quiet huge mountain of cardigans, T-shirts and pullovers which I don't wear anymore. There was also a handbag and I gave the whole stuff to my cleaning woman, who was very pleased. Today I was looking for my mobile phone. Mr. G. called me, we listened in the whole house, nothing. Then it was the voice mail. I checked all my jeans, trousers, anoraks, coats, handbags everything with a pocket, nothing. Suddenly I remembered I had put my mobile in the handbag I had given to my cleaning women and it was in a little side pocket. I called her and asked if she had it and yes after checking she found it ! I was relieved !! I think I should wear it around my neck !