9 Sept 2011

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

1. The 2 months school holidays are over and Belgium woke up from its beauty sleep and has returned to a normal life and tries to form a government as we are still without since 1 1/2 years now. I returned to my acqua gym on Mondays together with my usual group and as we hadn't seen each other for so long, it took us 1 hour of commun chatting to update ourselves after the gym.

2. Our entrance is finished now too, we had added another 3 bags of bark and now it looks clean and far more bright too



The tunnel to the entrance, everything taken out



and the result. No weeds anymore because under the bark is a plastic cover and I only have to renew the flowers in the pots each year. Only two Hortensias remained, but they don't grow high.
We both love a nice garden but have no green thumb, and I don't like to work in the garden at all.

3. I had to do some shopping our fridge was empty. I did it very quickly because once again we are sitting in the rain and on top of it it's very windy and rather cold !

4. Poor Ilona is still stuck with her broken toe and can't drive. Of course it is very boring when you can't go out. I visited her yesterday, did some shopping for her and then we spent the afternoon together, guess with what ... chatting !

5. My painting class started again too, but honnestly we didn't paint very much, there was such a lot to talk about our holidays and what we had done. We all complained about the bad weather we had during these two months. I started a new picture, but didn't go very far ! With all this chatting I forgot to take a picture of our coffee break, which finally was almost longer than the class itself.

17 comments:

  1. You could have painted the rain: just a lot of blobs on the canvas! We know exactly what it looks like now. Unfortunately...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get caught up with all your friends!! I bet you're glad to get back into the regular routine - especially after such a rainy holiday. We had a bad July too but August turned out quite nicely.

    Your front garden looks nice - I like your mums. I have to get mine soon.

    Hope you have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No government for 1 ½ years. Wow; I didn’t realize that.

    Your entrance is gorgeous. How wonderful that you won’t have to pull weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your entrance looks neat. I've been fancying a painting class recently. Belgium must look lovely from her beauty sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the finished product of your entrance. The stones add just the right finishing touch. Thanks for the reminder of the bags under the bark. I need to do that next year.

    Very nice of you to bless your laid up friend with grocery shopping and company. I'm sure she was very blessed by that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is nice to get back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always wanted to join an aqua gym class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your class schedule -- especially after a break, it is most necessary to catch up with friends! Chatting is important to survival.

    Once again, I could be your twin with regard to gardening. That's one of the benefits of being full-time RVers, no gardening. I say that the way I garden nowadays is to take pictures of other's hard work (someone has to admire it1).

    Your entry looks beautiful though and if we still had a regular house, we would definitely do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For not having a green thumb your front yard looks amazing: beautiful, inviting, and low maintenance.

    I like the rain but not when I have to go out and it's cold outside. I hope the weather improves. But even if it doesn't you have your regular routine to cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! that looks really, really nice! Well done indeed. I wish I had a garden - or had the ability to keep a garden is more like it. D*mn back!

    We're slowly adopting to regular routines again after the summer farm stay. Tough job.... (lol)

    (BTW: I've sent you an email too with some news!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you just love catching up with friends after the holidays. Often the social end of classes is more enjoyable than the class itself.
    I love the passageway at the side of the house.It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just love catching up with friends after the holidays. Often the social end of classes is more enjoyable than the class itself.
    I love the passageway at the side of the house.It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you just love catching up with friends after the holidays. Often the social end of classes is more enjoyable than the class itself.
    I love the passageway at the side of the house.It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your entrance is BEAUTIFUL! We've been working on yard stuff as well and I can tell you've done a lot of work!

    Anyway, it's lovely and I hope you enjoy both that AND your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure your friend was delighted that you helped her with shopping and spent time with her!
    I'm sorry for all your rain--at least you're not having fires!

    Your weekly schedule sounds like a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your front garden looks very tidy now! We didn't cook much either in the first session of cooking class, we opened a bottle of "bubbly" and also had lots and lots to talk about! You're such a good soul to do the shopping for your friend Ilona. I guess that's what friends are for eh? Have a great weekend and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad some of your activities started up again -- sounds like you had fun catching up with friends! Your entry looks great. I don't have a green thumb, either, but I like for the area outside the house to look nice, too.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !