29 Jul 2011
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. I arrived on Friday evening in Eastbourne where my friends live. On Saturday I spent the whole day in Worthing with their friends. The weather was nice and we could sit in the garden. We had a nice lunch in a Pub nearby where we could walk to and I enjoyed the architecture of the houses which is so different from Belgium.
2. On Sunday we drove to Hastings and did some sightseeing in the area around, and along the sea. I saw the Pier which two stupid boys had burnt down. It's a shame. We also stopped at a farm to buy some plants and eggs. I fell in love with these two piggies, they had such a funny face ! The farmer's house too was beautiful with it's pond and a lot of ducks.
My new love
3. I also took the bus down to the seafront sat there in the sunshine and hoped to get some colors. I love to watch the people old and young, there were a lot of tourists and also lots of students who spent some time here, to learn English. They live in families and go to school in the mornings. My bus back was packed with young German students from Hamburg and French once from Bordeau. They actually were very surprised that I talked with them in both languages !
4. We also drove up to Brighton's Marina along the sea and through the wonderful country side some part of it is now a national park and is called the Downs. The landscape is so peaceful with its hills and so green as nowhere else. We had lunch in a Cavery, which is a sort of Pub, you pay a fix price and for that you get 3 different sorts of meat, gammon (pork), turkey, beef and as many vegetables as you want.
5. I spent another day at the Seafront because Anne had to go her daughter and I preferred staying at the sea. I took the little train at the Eastbourne Pier, which took me all the way along the seafront from one end to the other, which meant from the Harbour til the cliffs. I could "hop" on and off if I wanted and then take the next train. I "hopped" off at the habour had a sandwich and hopped on again to go to the cliffs. It really was funny and I enjoyed the beauty of the seaside very much.
In the evening I dropped half dead into my bed, sea air makes tired !
my little train
and the sightseeing