27 May 2011

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

1. Acqua gym on Monday morning was as always fun ! We are such a nice group. At one moment the "boss" showed up and asked us to be a little less noisy, because she was busy with Yoga meditations and our laughter disturbed ! I complained about me right arm, some exercises reminded me that I had carried my 8 kg (18 lbs) heavy grandson Toby and my muscles weren't used to such weight lifting.

2. I bought a new cat to watch over our mail box and the flower pot,



somebody had stolen this cat sculpture and I was very angry about it. Nobody ever stole something in this street and all the garden gnomes of my neighbor are still sitting in their front yard !



This is the new one, not exactly the same, and this time I will cement it, my friend Ilona helps me she can do everything. On my way back we had a cup of tea together. I had brought my little Notebook with me to show her the pictures I had taken of Toby the giant, she said he looks like a one year old boy.

3. The weather is still like summer, apparently these temperatures and sunshine had never happened in Belgium since the weather station was created in 18 hundred something ! Armed with a book and suncream I did a little sunbath, only for half an hour then it became to hot and I moved in the shade.

4. I spent some time on Internet to look for an itinerary when I go to my friends in Eastbourne end of July, I want to combine my holidays with them with a stay in Oxford to visit this interesting town, which I had never seen. I want to take the bus from London to Oxford, because I think I will see more from the landscape and then go from Oxford to Eastbourne by train.

5. I had to drive my neighbor Vivienne to the clinique in Brussels, once a months she gets a shot in one eye to avoid that she is getting blind. Fortunately it works well, so she takes it easy and after the doctor we had a coffee together and she said that I am her guide dog, I protested and said I am rather her guide cat.

15 comments:

  1. It was more like what you guys call a relief teacher. They didn't have enough trained teachers so they recruited fresh out of high school students to be temporary teachers. They teach for a while before they go to teachers' college or is treated as a GAP year like me before I went to university. It was the best job I had, young and enthusiastic. Now, some of those students had found me in Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ann, Gattina. Put up a sigh that says "This cat bites"! I love that you are your neighbour's guide cat! Lol! Have a great weekend. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would anybody want to steal a small cat statue? Strange people you have over there in Belgium! But I do like your new one and using cement might prevent another catnapper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day you might get a post card photo of your missing cat in some foreign land. Some people used to do that as a prank. Steal a gnome and take it on holidays and then photograph it and send it to the owner, saying "Having a nice time in Mexico or where ever"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly, if things are not glued down, people will steal them. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new cat!

    And I think you'll have to enjoy that sun on my behalf. I'm not sure WHEN we're ever going to get some here in Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a wonderful friend to help your friend by driving her to get treatment. Thanks for sharing your fave five. I enjoyed reading them. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's horrible when they do that.
    but it happens a lot here. Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a great week....ah...books, sunshine and shade....love it!! the little kitty is adorable....will pray this one doesn't get stolen!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you girls have so much fun at Acqua gym! It's good to hear someone is having good weather LOL!
    We really enjoyed Oxford when we were there years ago. Magdalene College is beautiful. Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gattina, I want to make sure you see this rhyme poem I posted as part of my comment on my blog, so I copy and paste it here too. Here's for you:

    you and I differ
    yours is retirement
    mine unemployment
    but this blogging enjoyment
    is what we share

    Happy blogging, dear friend. Have a wonderful weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your description of you being a "guide cat" made me smile. your friend is so very brave. i don't know if i could endure a monthly shot in the eye.

    so sorry to her that you have to cement down your new cat sculpture. it is so distressing to have something stolen right out of your yard. maybe the thief has good taste and that's why he didn't bother with the gnomes?

    your upcoming trip sounds lovely. anticipation is something i quite enjoy before the actual holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn that cat-statue thieves! I hope you did that cementing good.

    Oh, that Oxford trip sounds awesome! I hope I will be able to do a lot of traveling around everywhere in UK some day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How awful that somebody would steal your garden cat! Your new one is very nice, but still.. that's very low class.

    I hope your neighbor is feeling fine after her shot. Thank goodness for modern medicine. You are a good "guide cat" :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Guide cat". You crack me up. So funny. Love the new cat under the mailbox. I'm sure he'll do a good job guarding it. It's too bad some people feel they can help themselves to what is not theirs.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !