31 Jul 2010
With Gattina & Shakira.
Just do a funny post, something which makes us laugh that's the most important.
And of course there also is
here at Me & My Memes
I am hanging on the sofa feeling not well, it's just as if I catched a cold. Therefore I don't feel very humoristic today. No wonder with this moody weather from 32°C (90°) we dropped to 15 °C (59 F)!
That's me preparing this post
But still there is always something to laugh
30 Jul 2010
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. I can't say that it was my Fave 5 when during the night of Friday/Saturday suddenly a tree decided to just die and collapse. It fell over a fence and a little house which contains the electrical central for our area. Fortunately there were only a few tiles damaged and the fence.
My friend Dominique was lucky that it didn't fall on her house.
I woke up because I thought there were youngsters with motor bikes which made such a loud noise. When I came over the firemen had arrived and they were making this awful noise with their motor saws. Of course Mr. G (red bathrobe) and a few other neighbors had to watch the event.
As this little wood belongs to the city the next day very early they already came to clean the street. If it would have been private you could wait for some days ! So everthing ended good and we had some thrilling moments in our cimetary like street.
2. As the "summer sales" are still going on until the end of the month, there are now sales on sales and you can get up to 70 % reduction ! Imagine what a benefit is on everything ! However I didn't find anything suitable besides a nice beach bed for my pic nics at the Belgian coast. The next "sales" are winter sales and will be on January 2nd.
3. I took a little chat sunbath with Ilona on her patio, to try out our new beach seats.
4. On wednesday I spent the whole afternoon with my son's godmother and friend, who lives in Charleroi, about 60 km from Waterloo. We hadn't seen each other for at least 5 years although we stayed in contact by phone or mail. It was a wonderful afternoon and we had a lot to chat and catching up on all kind of events in our mutual lives. She lives in a beautiful house and allowed me to take a few pictures, however she didn't want me to take a photo of her.
There is a pond with quiet big fat fishes in the corner of her living room, this looks really very pretty.
5. I met my friend Jacqueline for lunch in a Thai restaurant. The decoration is very beautiful
Inside a golden Buddah
and outside this one is greeting you. The food too is delicious. I go quiet often there. The owner is a Belgian who has married a girl from Thailand. Good combination ! the restaurant is always full.
29 Jul 2010
more participants here
13 Cat sayings
1. There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.
2. I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.
3. Never feed your cat anything that doesn't match the carpet.
4. Cat's motto: "No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look as if the dog did it."
5. Dogs have owners, cats have staff.
6. You know when people see a cat's litter box, they always say, "Oh, have you got a cat?" Just once I want to say, "No, it's for company!"
7. Humans: No fur, no paws, no tail. They run away from mice. They never get enough sleep. How can you help but love such an absurd animal?"
8. Anything on the ground is a cat toy. Anything not there yet, will be.
9. For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.
10. Cats are like potato chips. You can never have just one.
11. These aren't my thoughts, it's my cat walking on the keyboard.
12. Everyone knows cats are on a higher level of existence. These silly humans are just too big-headed to admit their inferiority.
13. Cats are better than any vice. They're not fattening, dangerous, or expensive. However, they can be addictive.
28 Jul 2010
27 Jul 2010
more participants here
In my world we had our National Day in Belgium. It is celebrated on July 21 and commemorates the day on which King Leopold I took the constitutional oath as the first King of Belgium, on July 21st 1831. Each European country has its National Day but of course on different dates.
I went there in the morning and watched the preparations.
people are arriving
a trumpeter waits for the start
and people for the mayor and the city council people
food and beer is ready
Attractions for children and adults
The mayor of Waterloo adjusts his tie
and with the veterans wait for the
Then the mayor helt his annual speach, about the crisis and missing money as all mayors of the world do, before inviting to an apperitif of champagne and orange juice for the Waterloo citizens.
This man wanted to look like the second King of Belgium, Leopold II (1835 – 1909) who had that long beard.
You could admire some decorated chests
After his speach the mayor had a coffee and I too, while my friend was talking to somebody she knew.
The empty stage, ready for the show in the evening. A Freddy Mercury imitator should sing his hits.
We are all waiting for the start of the show
and here he sings for nearly 2 h, while people swinged and shaked, it was real nice.
The sky got dark and darker and at 11.30 pm there was a firework. After that I went home while a ball started and people danced til late night.
Last year I was in Brussels for the National Day. Of course in the capital it's much more important with the Royal family and a big parade. You can see it here if you wish.
26 Jul 2010
"The muffed target" has no special rules. Just post pictures which are not at all like you had wanted and describe how it happened. Then leave a link here on my blog for other participants.
When I discovered this photo on my computer I wonder how this could happen ? Do I see the world in black and show my dark soul unintentionally as good old psy Freud would analyse ? It only can be the dark inside of the wallet in which I keep my little camera.
Walking barefoot on the beach is good I read, but I didn't really want to take a picture of the sand.
Meanwhile I should have learned not to take a picture of flashlights ! The firemen came at 11.30 pm because a tree had fallen across the tree. Fortunately the other pictures are better ! But that's for tomorrow.
25 Jul 2010
more participants here at Robin's Around the Island
I decided to take a little break from the Weekly Winners during summer and join Summer Stock Sunday. As soon as the summer is over I will be back.
Last week I and my friend went to the Belgian coast again. We have decided that each time when it will be very hot we will spent the day at the beach where at least there is some air. Inside the country when it is above 30°C (89 F) it's very sticky. We only have 1 1/2 h drive and we are there.
These are the famous Cuistax which you can rent only at the Belgian Coast, I haven't seen them anywhere else in Europe
Holland is just around the corner
It's so nice to walk through the dunes
the beach is very long and has a lot of space, therefore you still can find places where you are not sitting one on the other ! Especially when you take your own material alsong, such as an ombrella a beach chair and a pic nic.
As you can see we were very well equipped !
On this side of the Belgian coast (towards France) the buildings along the beach are not too high, only 5 to 6 floors. In other parts they are far higher and the coastline is very ugly.
Mr. Beach Watcher had not a lot of work, the water was still quiet cold !
People played all kind of beach games
a helicopter watched over us
and in the evening some thunderstorm clouds came up, but by then we had left.