3 Dec 2010
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. This had been a quiet nice week.
I had been with my acqua gym group to an Asiatic restaurant, were greeted by this enormous buddha who also watched over us at table. We were celebrating the 50 (!) birthday of our trainer, the second from left. Of course we had a lot of fun and I am quiet sure that the other guests must have thought that we had escaped from a mad house and were not the decent ladies from an Acqua gym group.
2. I did some Christmas decoration shopping for the flower pots outside, but when I tried to pull out the fake flowers I had put in as a sort of bridge between the seasons, I was unable to do so, the flowers were frozen in the pots and impossible to pull out.
3. So I finished my inside Christmas decoration
This is my "season" basket sitting in the entrance and now ready for Christmas
4. The highlight of the whole week was a concert with Elton John in Brussels, it was absolutely great !
what an artist ! I will write more about the concert on Sunday.
5. and then we got the snow and the cold from the UK ! This was my view this morning when I opened the stores ! It had been freezing cold during the night - 10 °C (14 F) and then during the day - 6° (21 F)
The whole traffic had broken down there were lots of accidents, so what did, I stayed home and tried to create a nice Christmas card to be sent per email. Since ages we don't write Christmas cards anymore, those who don't have a computer just call.
I had put a Christmas hat on my grandchild little Toby, thanks to internet I get the newest pictures from my son, and I just added the hat. This is only his picture, the composition of the card with other things took me quiet some time and then when I was fed up I went over to Dominique for a cup of tea and a little chat.