12 Nov 2010
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. I had quiet a lot to do with all the photos I had taken during my holidays and make some order in all my files. This besides the usual hoursehold routine took quiet some time.
2. My poor friend Dominique who lives alone next door, got a terrible gastritis and was so weak from running the whole night to the restroom that I cooked some rice with carrots for her with a piece of roasted chicken and looked after her the next days. For once I didn't pet sitting but human sitting.
3. Mr. G's friend Jacky payed us a visit, we hadn't seen him for at least 2 months. He brought Mr. G a rim from a Ferrari. It was made especially for him ! He is a Ferrari freak and also has real one, and on top he is a little crazy, because after 2 months of complete silence he brought this gift ! It costs a fortune, I wish I could sell it on Ebay !
My cat collection is cheaper than this Ferrari stuff, that's for sure.
4. I went to my acqua gym for the first time after my holidays and now that we know each other better and by name we form a real nice group. We are 6 and after the gym we have a cup of tea together. There are always a lot of subjects to talk about, last time we discussed families, we all had only a very small family except Dominique who has a family of 64 persons when they all get together twice a year for Christmas and her mother's birthday. Only brothers, sisters plus SIL's and DIL's and FIL's and the children ! We made fun of her saying that her parents had made the whole population of Belgium !
5. We had an awful weather today, it was stormy and the firemen were on alert ! the wind whistled around the house and I thought we would be blown away. I had to go over to Dominique and was pushed on the sidewalk. We watched a video from our holidays in Egypt together which let us forget the storm outside. 100 km/h wind is not bad, in the news I heard that some serious damages had already occured. Hopefully it will calm down.
PS. and as usual when weathermen announce the worst, there was no wind anymore !