9 Jul 2010
FRIDAY's FAVE 5
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. The most important news I got this week were from my son, calling me to tell that I will be grandma of a little boy !
Now I can start to look around for blue ! They haven't decided yet on the name. He will be a real little European, with a Dutch mother, a German/Italian father and German/Italian grandparents living in Belgium and Dutch grandparents living in Holland ! That's the future !
2. I read that Elton John gives a concert in Brussels on December 1st ! As soon as the booking line was open, I booked 3 places for me and two friends
Last time he was in Brussels was in 1986 when we went to his concert ! I love his music so much. By the time I had booked and only after an hour most of the tickets were sold !
3. For those who have weeds or grass growing on their patio between the tiles, I got a very nice, cheap and efficient remedy idea from my friend Ilona.
just put salt in the cracks ! I swear no grass or other plants can grow there anymore, which avoids you to have to pull them out. So I salted all the cracks. Next year we will have repaired it.
4. Thursday was our last painting group lesson before the holidays. Unfortunately we have off until September as if we were students ! But we all are on holidays the whole year, these summer holidays are
not very much appreciated because we anyway prefer to stay home and leave the places to parents with children.
5. Last but not least I celebrated my 67 years yesterday !
It was a real nice birthday. First I went with my friends to a Vietnamese Restaurant where we had a wonderful meal outside in the garden. After lunch we went to my house where we had coffee and ice cream on the terrace and chatted the whole afternoon !
I also got lots of presents, a little vase in turquoise, a "Hello Kitty" mouse for my computer, this adorable little basket with a baby cat and its teddy, a beautiful collar which normally twinkles and the cute little cat.
And its not finished yet, because on Saturday my son and DIL arrive for another celebration, birthday and little boy's coming in November !