14 Mar 2010

WEEKLY WINNERS


More participants here at Sarcastic Mom Weekly winners









the brush

We have an open fire since we built the house and used it too. But then suddenly I didn't care anymore about open fires and romantic flames, and Mr. G. hated cleaning the open fire anyway so for 15 years we didn't use it because we had fake wood in there which "burnt" with electricity.

This winter when it was so cold I suddenly dreamt about warm flames and open fire, so I had the chimney sweeper come to clean the chimney, which he did and only found cobwebs ! I still don't know why I waited until March !



Now I could enjoy the open fire but I look as the man above, I have a thick cheak and horrible toothache. That's why my weekly winners are so poor !

14 comments:

Thom said...

LOL...you are just too funny. LOL I love this story :)

Tara R. said...

We have a fireplace in our house, have lived here almost 16 years, and have never used it. Being in Florida there isn't much need for an open fire indoors.

Hope your toothache is better soon.

Merle said...

Dear Gattina ~~ I was surprised the chimney was swept from the bottom.
I hope your toothache is better very soon.
Thanks for your comments and I know
smoking gets the blame for a lot of things - but a broken leg --lol.
I will just have to rest between jobs like hanging washing, and after shopping etc. I also know of someone who died of lung cancer and never smoked, but her hubby did.
I liked your little bird story. I have one too but put it out on the porch, and he doesn't tweet too often. Take care, my friend,
Love, Merle.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

We need to get our chimney swept again before fall. Hope your tooth feels better soon!

Shionge said...

Hope you are keeping warm now :) and that your tooth are no longer aching too...hugs!!!

Tracie said...

When I hear chimney sweep I think of Mary Poppins....but I guess this guy didn't go around dancing on your roof! =)

I hope your toothache disappears soon!

Maribeth said...

Yes, this year I need to have our fireplace cleaned. It's been ten years!
Sorry about your tooth ache. I had that happen before and even lost the tooth. But, since that time (I was in 8th grade) I have been lucky and not had it happen again, or lose a tooth.
Feel better, my dear!!!!

tara said...

i thought it looked like someone was getting ready for a bike race ... silly me.

toothaches are no fun!

Lotus (Sarcastic Mom) said...

That brought back memories for me - we had an old wood stove when I was growing up and the chimney had to be cleaned every year! :)

Loree said...

Oh no. Toothaches are terrible. The pain gets so bad. Hope you're better soon.

Hootin' Anni said...

Well, I hope you'll be feeling better soon. So you can enjoy a fire soon, now that it's all clean. I've never seen a chimney sweep do it from the floor up....it's always been from the the chimney down around here.

Sirkka´s photo and art said...

A clean pipe is a must for a safe fire :o)

Melli said...

Ohhhhh NO! I hope your tooth feels better soon - all by itself - with NO help from the dentist!

I don't know why you waited until MARCH either ... WHAT were you thinking!? It will soon be too warm for a fire! But you will be ready for next year! My chimney sweep did not have nearly as fun tools as YOURS brought... but he WAS cute and wore a top hat! Remember?

Amy said...

We went from a home with a "real" fireplace to one with electric and have only used the electric one once. I really miss the real one.