31 Jan 2010

WEEKLY WINNERS


More participants here at Sarcastic Mom Weekly winners

The weather was cold and sunny so I payed a visit to "The Cinquantenaire" which was built by King Leopold II for the 1880 National Exhibition commemorating the fiftieth anniversary of Belgian independence. If you want to read more about it, it's here here



The "Cinquantenaire"



and it's top





there are museums inside







Car museum











in front and back of the arch are these statures



the ceiling of an arch






There is a huge parc around. Here is the view towards the European quarters of Brussels






and the other side, one of the big boulevards of Brussels.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks fabulous, Gattina. I love the statues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I hope, one day, I can see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the horses on the top of the building. That is an amazing work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to learn you had great time at le cinquantenaire! It is cold here too south of France. we were at the second hand trade this morning with Mélissa even if the temperature and the wind were difficult to support!
    I am tired those days with school! I can't wait the holiday now! I didn't went on my blog for a long time but i don't forget you! I hope to find again my energize and come back on the internet stage!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !