27 Sept 2009

WEEKLY WINNERS


More participants here at Sarcastic Mom Weekly winners

I spent two days in the beautiful cottage in the Ardennes (Belgian mountains), belonging to the parents of my son's girl.



He loves to cook, it has become his hobby and so he prepared fresh Raviolis filled with spinach, ricotta (Italian cheese) and nuts as starter.



First he made the dough and put it through this little machine



some help was needed






and out came this long thin piece



with a special ring tin he made the Raviolis





stuffed them



The Raviolis are ready to be cooked



I wondered about the corks, but it is a genious idea to not burn your fingers when you lift up the cover !



and finally they were on our plates. They were delicious !



At the same time he had prepared trouts



which didn't look very happy. They were wrapped in aluminium foil together with spices, and vegetables and put in the stove.

Served with roasted potatoes with rosmarin this was the main course.

I only can recommend this restaurant !

12 comments:

  1. No wonder I don't cook. All that work...I just go by the stuff in a plastic bag or box LOL...easier that way.,..but there again, I can't even boil water so what good is that even LOL... Sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious meal. She wants to hang onto that man. I'm lucky my man and my daughters men like to cook too. BTW where are the Ardennes? It is a lovely cottage, I could stay there any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hum!!! Your son is a chef!!! i will show the pictures to my husband Pierre so he cook the same ravioli for me!!!!
    Vraiment tu as du te régaler!!!!
    Viens sur mon blog j'ai publié le baptème du bébé de ma nièce. Encore une histoire de bouffe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gday ,Ohh Gattina what a lovely meal your Son has prepared and cooked.. looks so delicious.. Yummy fish and pasta...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pasta looks delicious! How fun to make it from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cottage is darling! And the food looks delish. I'm glad you explained the corks though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a wonderful family. He looks like a great cook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm! It SOUNDED wonderful when you emailed me -- but Ohhh it LOOKS even BETTER!!! Oh you had a GRAND time with that boy! (man) LOL! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love home made pasta anything, your son is very well brought- up!! Wondering if he saw his father doing this in the Sunday kitchen...
    The corks under the handle is a brilliant idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to come back in that region of Belgium. We had a very pleasant stay in a little house just outside Sart, between Spa and Malmedy, and visited the Baugnez 44 Museum, very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !