11 Jun 2009
THURSDAY THIRTEEN - Travel quotes
more participants here
13 quotes about travelling
1. Thanks to the highway system, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything.
2. The worst thing about being a tourist is having other tourists recognize you as a tourist.
3. But why, oh why, do the wrong people travel, when the right people stay at home?
4. If you look like your passport photo, you're too ill to travel.
5. Being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned.
6. When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.
7.If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.
8. No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.
9. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.
10. all great travellers have seen more than they remember, and remember more than they have seen.
11. When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.
12. Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse.
13. The road to a ruin is always in good repair, and the travellers pay the expense of it.