23 Apr 2009
THURSDAY THIRTEEN - Quotes about Golf
In Europe, if you are not born with a golf club in your with authentic lace decorated craddle, it is a must to play golf if you wish to be somebody and to be considered as a distinguised, posh, (but not always well educated) person belonging to the so said upper class.
Before you know if the man is married, widow or bachelor if he has a dog or a cat he would tell you in the first 3 minutes that he is playing golf. This is good for his selfesteem.
Here are 13 funny quotes about Golf
1. Sometimes it takes seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball and only one afternoon on the golf course.
2. The reason the pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can’t see people laughing.
3. I’m not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they’d come up sliced.
4. Golf is a good walk spoiled.
5. If you notice that you are getting better at golf it is because you are hitting fewer spectators
6. Golf is a day spent in a round of strenuous idleness.
7. You play golf with friends sometimes, but there are never friendly games.
8. The worst part of playing golf, by far, is hitting the ball.
9. Don’t play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.
10. Golf is an expensive way of playing marbles.
11. Golf is a game, not a sport.
12. The uglier a man’s legs are, the better he plays golf — it’s almost a law.
13.the people who gave us golf and called it a game are the same people who gave us bag pipes and called it music.
all my excuses to my son and all the others who really enjoy golf !