10 Apr 2008
13 Cat Quotes
1. "As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat."
- Ellen Perry Berkeley
2. "Perhaps it is because cats do not live by human patterns, do not fit themselves into prescribed behavior, that they are so united to creative people."
- Andre Norton
3. "I love cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul."
- Jean Cocteau
4. "The playful kitten, with its pretty little tigerish gambols, is infinitely more amusing than half the people one is obliged to live with in the world."
- Lady Sydney Morgan
5. "It always gives me a shiver when I see a cat seeing what I can’t see."
- Eleanor Farjeon
6. A cat is a puzzle for which there is no solution."
- Hazel Nicholson
7. All loyalty has a little fur in it."
- M. Malloy
8. Only cat lovers know the luxury of fur-coated, musical hot water bottles that never go cold."
- Susanne Millen
9. One small cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home."
10. "I can’t decide if I have a cat or a cat has me."
- Esther Marton
11. "Two cats can live as cheaply as one, and their owner has twice as much fun."
- Lloyd Alexander
12. "Like a graceful vase, a cat, even when motionless, seems to flow."
- George Will
13. "Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function."
- Garrison Keillor