8 Apr 2008

COMPILED NEWS





Man wrestles croc to rescue wife

The crocodile locked its jaws around its victim's legs
A woman has been rescued from the jaws of a crocodile in Australia after her husband jumped onto its back and forced it to flee. I only hope he won't regret having safed his wife in a few years !



UAE stages camel beauty contest
Ten thousand camels will be fluttering their long eyelashes in a unique international beauty pageant being held in the United Arab Emirates. The contest in Abu Dhabi is one of the richest and biggest events of its kind, with more than $9m (£4.5m; 5.8m euros) and 100 cars in prizes up for grabs. I wonder why they are not veiled ???



Prickly weapon ... a hedgehog
'Hedgehog thrown at boy'
A NEW Zealand man is due in court later this month over a thorny issue - an alleged assault with a hedgehog. Police say William Singalargh, 27, is accused of picking up the creature and throwing it at a 15-year-old boy. If convicted, he faces up to five years in prison. The poor litte hedgehog ! But what a case for a new CSI serie ! Imagine them to find out that the weapon was a hedgehog !!



Prince discharged from hospital
The Duke of Edinburgh waved as he left hospital
The Duke of Edinburgh has been discharged from hospital and is recuperating at Windsor Castle after being treated for a chest infection. The devil still has to wait a little !



Japan's 'geisha guys' the latest accessory

The latest must-have item in Japan is a male 'geisha' More busy women executives are willing to pay for male companionship. The cost for a night of flirting and compliments can run to $50,000. Why not ? Men do it since ages !




Mum of Eight boys wants a girl
Supermum Wendy Bowen wants a girl after eight boys, she's not finished having babies yet. "I'd like more," she says, with a coy look towards her husband. "Just one. But my midwife friend says I should stop now." I say the same ! But maybe she doesn't know she can make love without getting pregnant ???

7 comments:

  1. "Unkraut stirbt nie", ha ha!!!
    I couldn't imaging a family of 8 kids nowadays...think of all that laundry, grocery shopping, aaaarrrgghhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eight kids?!!! No...no, not for me. Hey, I like kids [someone else raising them in THEIR family!] But, my kid-raising days are over. It was fun with just my own two, but thinking of having EIGHT...that sounds like work!! rofl

    I'm happy to hear that Prince Philip was released. I enjoy the British royalty.

    Have a great Tuesday [well, yours is nearly half over as I type this, but mine's just starting] And, yes, I LOVED Melli's award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the monster list (it should have at least 1,000 entries, that's her goal!!) is nothing but linly love. I should get busy with real life, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way I'd do 8 kids! I think my nerves would be frazzled!
    Please join me tomorrow, April 9th for a celebration on Dackel Princess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give her a few years -- that Mum of 8 will be committing Murder By Hedgehog before ya know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you always have such neat info better than yahoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gattina Im still catching up here, YIKES !!!!8 boys. Well I have to tell you im one of 8. (4 of each).. That Man who saved his wife from the Croc, jumped on the crocs back and poked it in the eyes,before letting her go and fleeing into the water..

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !