11 Feb 2008

A SPECIAL SONG (Fun Monday)



Oo shiny pen is our host this week. She asks the following :

I want to hear the ONE song that is you. The song that whenever it is heard, you smile. I am not looking for the soundtrack of your life, just that one song. Your friends hear it and think of you. You can post the video, the lyrics, the wav file. However you want to post it is great.

I raked and raked and raked my brain to find a song which is ME ! No song apparently fits on me and no song makes me smile whenever I hear it, but would not make me cry either. A little younger it would have made me dance. My friends would never think of me when they hear a song ! A cat painting or drawing yes, but not even a cat song !

Of course I have favourite songs I like to hear but none makes me think of something special. It is just a blank in my memories.

If I have no song reminding me of happy times, I very often relate a song or a music to a sad event. I cannot tell why. For example each time I hear this song "Tombe la Neige" (Falls the snow)





I remember that it was in 1963 the record had just came out and I see myself dancing with a dear friend and telling him that it was over. I only wanted to be friend with him but he wanted more than I wanted to give and that's what I told him during this song. It was very sad, more for him of course but for me too, because I lost a dear friend.

The song is interpreted by Adamo a Belgian singer of Italian origin. he was (and still is) very famous in the 60th and is part of my teenage years. Since 1993 he is a honorary UNICEF ambassador from Belgium

16 comments:

  1. I don't know Adamo, we get virtually no European music coverage here in Australia, it's either Local or American with a little British occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful song and your story is so bittersweet Gattina. Have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gattina... I could not choose just ONE song that would be ME either. I love sO many songs! And I can't think of ANY song that makes people think of me. I'm thinking each person probably has a different song they think would be "mine" - because my relationship is different with each person!

    Your song/story is very sweet though... and yes... sad. It's such a shame that we can not remain friends with those who loved us too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How touching. Since I started reading your blog, whenever I hear "Memory" from Cats, I think of you. Seems to tie right in with your choice today.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE music like this. So romantic but can be sad too. What a great choice, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmmmm, I've not heard of Adamo. But oh such a beautiful song. [the fun monday blog roll for the week doesn't have you as 'posted'...how come you wonder?

    The song is quite bittersweet for you personally...it's very touching and filled with feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful song. I like your Fun Monday button, I must borrow it, please?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I posted your Fun Monday button on my post. I hope you don't mind. I linked it to you with credit. If you mind, you can tell me and I will remove it. But it is so cute! Here's my e-mail junebug57@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful song even though it brings back sad memories for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the story. And I'd never heard the song before, so thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful rendition of a sweet song. Thanks.

    Here's my Fun Monday

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am learning SO much today. thank you for sharing something new! it's a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting, I am glad that you have shared this song and your sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful song Gattina..and a very poignant story!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely song, just wish I understood what he was saying!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of it, but now I'm going to ask my Belgian friend if she has!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !