8 Nov 2007

THURSDAY THIRTEEN



13 Things about my holiday location Hurghada in Egypt at the Red sea
1. Hurghada is an artificial town not older than 20 years. It really started in the 90th.

2. Built in the dessert around a very little fisher village

3. all hotels are built like little villages surrounded by a wall. The entrance is everywhere like a check luggage point in an airport. Tourist police is everywhere and in every hotel. Egypt is one of the safest countries for tourists.

4. There are to 90 % only 5 * hotels. All are looking like oriental palaces.

5. There are many jeweleries, more than food shops

6. A big airconditionned shopping mall has everything a tourist heart can wish and to very cheap prices.

7. The main street is very large and looks like a Christmas decoration in the evening

8. You can visit and eat in the restaurants of the different hotels and also attend the shows.

9. There is nothing historical in this area

10. You can make quite a lot of excursions, a ride on a camel and watch the sunset in the dessert, join a submarine by boat and admire the coral riffs and colored fishes, or make an one day excursion to Luxor and visit all the temples and historical sites.

11. In our hotel is as everywhere a program to entertain the guests the whole day with gymnastic, watergym, waterpolo, belly dancing and a lot of other things.

12. The food is excellent everywhere in all hotels and you have a lot of choice. For a real good menu with drinks you can count around 7 euros ! It is cheaper than eating at home.

13. I just watch the belly dancing women, one had just her breasts jumping out of her bikini top and I have to stop I laugh too much !



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The tourists, Ilona, Chantal and I

20 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. What does the food taste like?
    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a grand time Gattina. Very well done, as always. Have a great TT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful...did you take a camel ride. Hope you are enjoying the change of scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh! I would attend NOTHING all day - but lay in the lazy sun out on that glorious beach with almost NO people upon it! Gorgeous! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like the perfect place to go with the girls!
    Keep enjoying your vacation :)
    and walk like an Egyptian!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds exotic. Was it created for tourists? What does it mean that it started in the 90th? Is any part of the Red Sea even remotely red? Or had it been?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Gattina
    I see you have lot of fun! good! Hope we will have a cruise to Luxor with the Lifecruiser Cyber tour! take many, many pics!!!
    Bye, lovely egyptian!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a wonderful time!!! I leave on Monday for The Panama Canal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fascinating list. Thank you for sharing. I loved the photos on the end. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great place to be. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by. I have not felt well lately but will get back to blogging soon.
    I just want to know or I just have to ask...did you BELLY DANCE??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful T13, just in my taste!!! I'll link to you in my Friday Ship Launch Party post :-)

    2005 I read some where that the 3 top cheap contries to tourist in were: Egypt, Paraguay & Philippines.

    I've been to Paraguay and it really were that cheap - and we almost got to the Philippines. We've friends that gos there every winter and they confirmed that it were cheap, but they have started to raise their prices there too now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That water looks so wonderful!

    The Pink Flamingo
    http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was so glad to see you visit with me while you're in Egypt!!

    Hope your vacation is super.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds great. I can imagine 13, *lol*.
    My TT is about symbols.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just wanted to let you know, I will be away from my usual commenting for 2 weeks. I'll be cruising the Panama Canal and I hope to be able to Blog from there. (But you never know!) Check out www.dackelprincess.com starting Tuesday (11/13) for two weeks and you never know what you might find!
    See you when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks and sounds wonderful. I envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm convinced.... what a great place to visit and relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I missed you on Thursday! Glad you are having a good time. I hope that bouncy belly dancer didn't sustain any eye injuries!

    Here's a meme if you feel like doing it.

    http://slcthoughts.blogspot.com/2007/11/meme-eight-random-things-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. btw. did you learn the Belly Dance? I'm sure mr Gattina and all the Cats would applaude it. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !