17 Nov 2007

BACK HOME


New post here

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"I love ..." pictures are here


Yesterday evening I came back from my holidays in Egypt at the Red Sea with my friends. We were welcomed at the airport by Mr. Gattino and Chantal's two sons. They were standing side by side without knowing that he was my husband and only when we came out and they screamed "here she comes" they were realizing that they waited for the same persons.

Our flight back was smooth and very well organized for Chantal. I had asked for handicapped assistance so we all were checked in the first once and hadn't to line up and were taken to a bus with an elevator on which the wheelchair was put and lifted in then driven to the airplane and lifted up to the entrance door of the plain. So we sat there enjoying that we were treated like VIP's while the others had to line up and squeeze themselves into a bus which drove them to the plane. Unfortunately I completely forgot to take pictures probably because we all were so excited because for all of us it had been the very first time.

We all had the blues and were regretting that the holidays went by so fast and to comfort ourselves we were looking at our hands and arms at the beautiful rings and bracelets we had bought there.


And this was what we left behind us ! Our beautiful hotel and 2 weeks of sunshine, not one cloud and 30°C (86 F) !



and now we are back and are freezing in - 2° (31 F) !

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your back safe and sound and to know you have had a great trip.

    The movee was great - the diving center looks very exciting and of course the beach was so tempting for a Norwegian.

    You know I love your travel reports and are looking forward to more to come.

    Btw: Sorry I haven't been around that much lately, but you know why (thanks for your note!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo... it looks like Egypt had the blues too - about losing you! Blue skies... blue seas...

    I always think it's sad to come back from such a FABULOUS vacation as that too! But soon, you are back into the swing of daily life! Can't wait to hear more of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, here you writing to me that I'm a sadist mentioning travel when you had to come home to the chilly weather, but now you're showing me those torturing photos!!!!

    That beach....Ahhhh... I'm dreaming and I'm not going to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liebe Gattina! Welcome home again! I bet you missed your kitties so very much! I hope you do not think me too ungracious of a kitty for taking such a long time to return your visit. You can only imagine how happy I was to see you come cheer me on while I was so very sick. Mommy was heartbroken and thought for sure I would not regain any of my spirit and was prepared for the worst. But I was worth a small miracle. With your purrrayers and some good medicine, I have regained my strength day by day. Mommy would not have made it through her worries about me without your comfort. Each night we keep you in our prayers and wish you endless Blessings this Thanksgiving season.
    Love and hugs from our house to yours, Miss Peach and the mommy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had such a good time! That hotel looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un rêve! Tout simplement! plus chic et luxieux que les grands hôtels de la côte! Une destination obligatoire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have had such a wonderful holiday and lovely memories. Thank you for taking us all along with you and sharing the experience. I can almost see the jewellry on my hands too!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh no all those blue sky and blue sea give me the blues :( it's so cold out here.. brrrr

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !