6 Aug 2007

TRIP TO ENGLAND

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I would lie if I would say that I wasn't worried a bit about my trip in the Eurostar because the day before it got stuck in the tunnel ! Now can you imagine sitting in a huge tube with tons of water, ships and ferry boats above you and that for 6 h !! I think it must have been awful. But my trip went very smooth and I arrived safely and in time to take my train to Eastbourne.


The train was fully packed I just could get a seat but people were standing everywhere. It was quite surprising. And then I noticed that most of them were dressed in a funny way. A lot of punks with hedgehog like hairdoes in red, pink or green, safety needles in some noses, I thought I would be on another planet ! In front of me sat a middle aged man with a 14 month pregnant belly, green hairs and rings on every finger. His ears were full of earings and in his nose he had a ring. After a while I got used to his outfit, but he was sleeping with his mouth wide open so that I could admire all the holes he had in his teeth and almost look through him and out of the other end. I listened to the conversations and finally found out that there was a Gay parade in Brighton and that's why so many funky and funny people were on the train. They all were in a very good mood, laughed and sung and it was very loud in the train.


In Eastbourne I got out and looked for my friends. Nobody there ! What should I do now ? I couldn't get my friend on the phone because I had saved a wrong number. I didn't even know their address ! I called Mr. Gattino, who went mad because it seems that events like this are typical for me. I told him to stop his nice comments and better call my friend and tell them that I am outside the station. That's what he did. And finally they showed up, they had been waiting at the other end of the station. Mr. Gattino worried about his little wife called again to see if they had found me and if I hadn't been kidnapped. He also complained that running to pick up the phone he had fallen over a rug and hurt his back. That was the start of my holidays.


The afternoon was then very nice they took me to a garden party where I admired a huge buffet with enough food for a whole army. We had a lot of fun there and some men even more after a while they had red faces and talked and laughed more and more. The beer and wine was sooo refreshing !


On sunday we did some sightseeing and had lunch in a very old Pub, just overlooking the blue sea.


I feel very much home with them, I have 4 cats to my disposal and the computer is just in my room ! The only thing which I can complain about is the english keyboard with which I am fighting, because I am used to a french one.

10 comments:

  1. Aiy! OY! UGH! I TOLD you those tunnels are dangerous! 6 hours??? I'd have DIED! Surely I would...

    I am so glad that YOU arrived safely and true to form! Mr. Gattino will get over it... eventually. Hope he iced his back.

    Continue having fun! Have a double dose for me ... I am back to work this morning... feeling sorry for myself... I would rather be in England WITH the English keyboard. (I would NOT do well with the French one!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, other than not having anyone to meet you at first, and the English keyboard ---I bet it's all worth it.

    Sounds like a wonderful trip with your comments you've left me.

    ...and have gobs MORE fun Gattina. [It'll make Mr. Gattino miss and love you EVEN more when you return]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your eye out for bluebirds

    "There'll be bluebirds over
    The whilte cliffs of Dover
    Tomorrow
    Just you wait and see"

    Your photos got me humming some Vera Lynn.

    Have a lovely vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coucou Gattina
    Et biente voilà quand même arrivée à bon port! Pauvre Mr Gattino! J'imagine l'affolement! Sa petite femme si loin et toute seule! ça s'appelle l'amour ça!
    Vas tu participer à cats on tuesday si tu as 4 beaux chats just for you?! Bon, alors continue à bien profiter, l'air de l'Angleterre te fera du bien! Et en plus tu as l'air marin de la côte! Alors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny thing you hsould be in England when I'm doing the London cruise! *giggles*

    I'm almost disappointed that you didn't got real lost at the train station, that might have lead to another real adventure of yours!

    Seem to be going well so far though. I'll link to your blog.

    Have a really nice time, and DO something I would have done ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your Schutzengel was with you and you found your friends :)
    See? now you have a QWERTY keyboard, I suppose.I know how you feel: just like me when I am in France... I would be most honored to type for you if you dictate your posts, I can type with two hands and almost all fingers (good highschool class!) but only on a qwerty keyboard.
    Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gattina, it sounds like you are having great fun. Even with the strange looking people. I am glad your friends found you. I bet your husband was afraid for you. Glad you will be back home soon.

    I don't think I have ever told you that I really like your art work,paintings and photos. You are a very talented person. connie from Texas, Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. maybe I DON'T want to travel with you... (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to know your there safe and sound after all - sounds a bit scaring during your trip though!

    I do understand your keyboard frustrations and so much remember when Diane came over from US and start using my computer - she was so frustrated:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha - what a welcome to England! Sounds like you're having a good time so far... Fancy that - computer in your room and cats. Perfect!

    How long are you here for?

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !