18 Aug 2007

HOW TO BE A GOOD JOURNALIST

Sitting in front of my screen I thought if I would be a journalist and had to write everyday something for a newspaper what would I write if I had just nothing to write ?? For reporters of daily news there is no problem at all. There are every day catastrophes, wars, people killed or kidnapped, that's a very easy job. But the poor journalist who has to write about people what should he write when nothing has happened ??

That really is a big problem but can easily be solved. For example you see Camilla looking a little fat, you write "Camilla pregnant ??" and knit a story around how amazing it is that at 60 she is now expecting a new heir to the throne and the next day you ask the population in which position would then be the other members of the family. After that you can write that it was an error and that her butler was wrong. Or you take the poor Elvis and pretend you had seen him just yesterday on the street eating fish and chips with mayo and that he lives now in Scotland ! Not only Scotland will be very thankful to you because the Tourist Office will have a lot of work, Hotel rooms will be booked and the whole economy increase. Your newspaper will have an enormous sales increase and everybody will be happy. Nobody cares that poor Elvis is still in his grave in Graceland.

There are such a lot of things to write about with a little phantasy and that is also why these papers never run out of subjects.

But I am not a journalst not even a reporter and instead of inventing that I winned a "certain" amount in the lotery and would tell you tomorrow what I intend to do with it (to have another subject for tomorrow) I found something very interesting on my friend and compatriote Sanni's blog !

I draw a pig !! Just to know who I am !

And this is my pig ! Drawn with a mouse !! not easy at all !


And the pig said :

You drew the pig:

Toward the middle, you are a realist.

Facing front, you are direct, enjoy playing devil's advocate and neither fear nor avoid discussions.

With few details, you are emotional and naive, they care little for details and are a risk-taker.

With 4 legs showing, they are secure, stubborn, and stick to their ideals.

The size of the ears indicates how good a listener you are.
The bigger the better. You drew large ears, you are a great listener!

The length of the tail indicates the quality of your sex life.
And again more is better! You drew medium sized tail (only because I didn't have any room left on the top !!!)

And if you also want to know more about you thanks to a pig, just go here.

Don't forget that tomorrow I will take the Cyber Cruise to the North East coast of the UK ! To become member contact our captain Mrs. Lifecruiser.

10 comments:

  1. Bonjour Gattina
    En tout cas tu n'es pas en manque d'inspiration toi! Tu as bien de la chance. Moi aujourd'hui c'est panne sèche. ça viendra peut être dans la journée. Si j'ai un peu de courage j'irai faire un tour au marché de Vintimille avant la rentrée. En tout cas je suis prête pour demain et j'ai hâte de découvrir le petit paradis de tes dernières vacances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try this when I am done with the hunt, lol!
    happy saturday
    should I bring my rain coat tomorrow??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you heard the rumors:

    Elvis has just left another building... Camilla´s splendid apartments. She already looked pregnant 5 minutes later *LOL*

    Love your piggy - thanks for joining the fun.

    Dein Schwanz - nee, besser gesagt der Schwanz Deines Schweinchens - sieht auch so schön geringelt aus wie der Schwanz von meinem piggy. hast Du zufällig einen Psychologen im Bekanntenkreis der uns mitteilen könnte, was DAS über uns aussagt???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did that pig one a few weeks ago at a linen party Jane and I went to. I think I was a realist with no sex life...lol!

    I think you'd make a good journalist because you're the only one I know that had Camilla pregnant at 60! What a headline that would be...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the pig test too. Check out my pig portrait here. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your post!! This was great!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. UGH! But now you've given ALL the pig's secrets away and so IF I should draw my OWN I would know how to make the outcome! Thus it is useless for me to use the pig fortune teller!

    BUT... tomorrow I want to know what a ROOSTER would say about you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So----what you're telling us here is Elvis takes precedence over the Loch Ness? Go figure!! *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wrote about little people in my garden. How's that for journalism. Tomorrow I may have to retract it. (:


    lovely pig... I think

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pig Gattina! Such a good artist! I think journalists should only write about good news! I was in High School when Elvis died, I remember being sad about it. My grandfather's name was Elvis - but everyone called him Jack. He was born before the King was, so maybe Elvis was named for my grandfather?

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !