10 Jul 2007

COMPILED NEWS

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Pookie after listening to the news

This morning on my "news" internet page I could read that our King has left the Hospital yesterday on two crutches after his hip operation. The whole Hospital staff gathered around him and the Queen smiled happily in the background. He then walked to the crowd armed with flowers and other little gifts who wished him all the best. Now he has to excersise in his castle, but I think there is enough room. I always start with the "royal" or "people" rubric, because it's the best of daily news. All others are everyday the same. War, terror, global warming ...

I also was informed that princess Masako from Japan has still not recovered completely from her deep depressions she had for the last couple of years and therefore is unably to go with her venerable husband on official trips abroad. Poor girl must be awful to sit in a golden cage while others are sitting between garbadge cans.


And Prince William is again together with his Kate (Middleton) ! Who would have believed that ! I thought he would now go into the steps of his grand father and play around with beautiful girls, as he is free while his grandpa still had the Queen who bravely wait in her castle until the unfaithful husband turned up again !


Now I arrived at the "people" section and there I read that the desperate housewife Eva Longoria married in Paris to become a real one. She started by getting married behind a screen, so that nobody could see her walk into her misfortune. In reality she had sold the exclusivity of this ceremony to people magazine OK for 2 millions USD ! (Whistle !) Maybe she is desperate housewife but a good business woman that's for sure.


The son of Al Gore, Albert was arrested in California with some Marijuhana in his car and then set free against 20.000 $. Earth protector or not it also happens in the best families. At least this smoke doesn't warm up much our globe. Father Al was surely very happy.


In church something happened too, Pope Benedict II (or was it 3 ?) wants that mass is again held in latin, as it used to be some 30 years ago in the catholic church. I think he is a very very kind man. This at least allows people to better sleep in church. Who knows latin nowadays ?


Under "general" I was informed that two bodies were found in a deepfreeze. A woman and an 11 year old boy. Her husband had killed them and hid them in the deepfreeze. When he had guests 3 month later and a guest helped him to clean up the table, she discovered the bodies when she wanted to put some remaining food in there. She informed her husband but they didn't say anything to the man and alerted the police. I had already some surprises in my fridge but haven't found anything in other peoples deepfreeze so far.


A study from US universities Texas and Arizon proved that women don't talk more than man. In the study, women spoke a daily average of 16,215 words during their waking hours, and men 15,669 words. That's very interesting ! I wonder how many words I speak during the day !


And to finish my news I learned that a new research suggests rather than being a precursor to sleep, the purpose of yawning is to cool the brain so it operates more efficiently and keeps you awake ! Very interesting ! So now that you have yawned enough over my news, you can do more intellectual things as your brain must be cooled down or even freezed by now.


7 comments:

  1. That was better than the early news on tv this morning, Gattina, lol! I see the whole world cares about the royals... those poor souls :)

    I heard about the dead bodies in the deepfreezer too. That's another reason to add to my list, I don't help with the dishes when I am a guest! (I don't expect my guests to do so either)

    I sort of remember those masses in Latin but of course I was a little girl! and slept wonderfully through the whole thing. I guess the only ones teaching Latin nowadays are the Bavarian schools. Again, another monarchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard all those news items, Gattina, but they weren't as entertaining as you made them. I think you should get a job on TV reading the news and putting your on spin on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great flare for news reporting....so much better than the TV reports. Melli would love to come visit you....she definitely talks about it. I bet the two of you could have some crazy fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gattina..thanks for your kind words. I am getting tired of just lazying around because that is just "not me". I did love your way of reporting the news and just how Pookie took it all!! smile!! That is the way I always take NEWS anymore!! In fact, I just don't listen to it much!! Have a great day. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hope Prince William finds happiness in love that his mother did not. He seems a nice enough young man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I skip reading my news online whenever my feedreader informs me "Gattina´s got news up" - besser als jede online Zeitung =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came over to see your Wordless Wednesday and this caught my eye. You hit the nail on the head with a lot of this! Funny stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !