21 May 2007

MANIC MONDAY - GRAPHICS

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



Pookie just had a look on her daily graphic and can sleep now in peace, everything is OK


Graphics (from Greek γραφικός, very important keep that in mind) are visual presentations on some surface. That is the official definition of the word. It's true I looked it up !


The oldest once are dating from 40,000 - 10,000 B.C. so it's not really a new invention. Even our fur covered ancestors did already graphics and on their walls ! Amazing ! and there are still some people in the whole world who do this, only difference is they are dressed in jeans now and they are called "Taggers" they don't do graphics anymore but wonderful wall paintings at least in their eyes. Of course never on their own walls. What a pity.


Some people are graphic sick. they prepare a graphic for each and every event.


There is the one who takes his blood pressure 20 times a day, writes it down puts it in a graphic and looking at it thinks he has only a few days to live, but after 10 years and a few graphics later still enjoys a very good life.


There is also the fiever graphic hanging or should hang on the top of your bed, while you suffer in hospital.


Some maniac do a graphic with notes their children get in school and forget completely that they are children and not walking graphics.


In short, you can do graphics with probably everything. Your love life, weight, car break downs, weddings, divorces, earthquakes, weather, increasing and decreasing bank account etc or your female neigbors male visits.


Wouldn't it be nice if everybody put some order in his home and when you visit it you can find at the entry a graphic about how many times one rang the door, or in the bedroom about love life, or in the bathroom how often family members take a bath ? Not to mention the graphic in the kitchen which shows how often you burnt your cookings ? A graphic about dog and cat poos, and how often you called your neigbor anonymously to insult him ?


Finally I come to the conclusion that nobody should live without graphics and follow their ancestors, by drawing them on the walls of each room.


Are you a graphic maniac ??




Where did you put my contraception graphic ?

18 comments:

  1. great interpretation on the theme! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice idea! thanks for the rich info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy the picture of the kitty and his poop graphic. I had to blow it up just to make sure that is what it said. What an enjoyable read thanks for posting all that information. The part you said about the person graphy their blood pressure for like 10 years now. That is so my dad, I will have to tell him that Gattina says that means he is going to keep on living. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a graphic person, I need pictures, I need charts, maps, etc...
    You described my FIL very good with his blood pressure chart: he will turn 80 years young in 2 weeks!!
    happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He he, I just love Pokies graphs. Mine would point right up in the sky first and then drop suddenly - butt it would be my fart graph ;-)

    BTW: It's not only my farting that is done now, my meme is done too...

    *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent take on the whole idea of language and graphics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm... a very graphic commentary on graphs and graphics! And graphic graphs! I'm feeling a little graphically challenged now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your interpretation of Graphics but have noticed in the comments you have left for other people that there have been at least 2 interpretations of Graphic you haven't been able to see this week (including mine!). Just goes to show there are lots of possible interpretations of this weeks MM. Better luck next week x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Gattina. You rock! Happy MM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very graphically graphic post. I had to do a test once were they asked your whether you thought in pictures(graphics) or words. I think i am a word person. :)

    Great MM

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job! No need to doubt yourself, although I know when it comes to translating things, we worry that we are understood.

    You did great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy MM

    Be well and enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could become a graphic maniac with sarko now!
    How long does he stand in the fort de Bregançon?
    How many ministers will he say bye bye!
    How many years will he ask me to work? ...
    Oh I was doing my post about my day in Cannes but it's not finish!
    Demain sortie de fin d'année à la ferme avec mes élèves! Je sais pas si je vais être très fraiche, peut être encore plus rouge si the sun is shinning! A la fin de la journée je ne pourrai plus que prononcer des "meuhhhhh!" et "bêêêê!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very good take on the theme! :)

    Thanks for dropping by. Hope you had a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're an artistic person, this week's theme is right up your alley.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HA! No, I´m not a graphic maniac... but I guess I was - long long time ago... today: No time to prepare a graph =)

    Ich habe dir eine email geschickt wegen Deines Travel-Blogs. Hoffe, es klappt.

    Liebe Grüsse!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !